The nursery renovation has been a long, long, long process. Trey and I spent a snowy Saturday in January removing ugly duck wallpaper which caused huge holes in the drywall. My wonderful stepdad Orin spent days sanding and refinishing walls to make them smooth and then painting, and now the walls look fabulous! Trey and Orin installed a new ceiling fan. Next Trey spent a weekend cutting and painting new trim, painting new closet doors, and a new room door. When we started to hang the new doors, they were about 1 inch too big! So Trey's buddies came over to help cut down the doors so they would fit. So while I was away this weekend, Trey sanded down the doors, repainted, filled in the holes on the trim, and touched up the paint. It's finally complete and ready to decorate! I was so happy to come home to a nursery that is ready to customize for Cole! Trey even put all the furniture in place and made the crib with our bedding so it looked pretty. What a great Mother's Day surprise! Thank you Trey!
Below are pictures of the room taken yesterday. We still have a lot of decorating to do (hanging draperies, rug, lamps, pictures on walls, storage, etc.) but it'll be ready in time for Cole's arrival. My sweet Mom is coming up this weekend to help get it all together, I can't wait!
I'm feeling great, other than my feet and ankles swelling, but that's to be expected. Our 36 week appointment is Thursday. Cole really likes to exercise around 4-5 am, I'm hoping he doesn't continue this pattern after he is born.
Hope you enjoy the pictures! I'll have more to upload next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment